MontyCloud Platform Subscription
MontyCloud knows that you care about how your information is used and shared. Your privacy is very important to us and we take your privacy seriously.
How Do We Gather Personal Information?
When you register for our services, we collect a variety of information including your name, address, company name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
- When you invite other people to access your MontyCloud account we may collect information about those people such as their names, and email addresses.
- When you register cloud accounts that you wish us to retrieve data from, we collect a variety of information about those accounts including the name of the account holder, company name, username & access keys. We take a temporary key and secret, which live in application memory and are never stored or logged.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you informed about MontyCloud’s latest products, updates, and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” links contained in any of our email communications.
- We use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services and content as well as for fraud prevention.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to send you important notices about changes to our terms of service and policies.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve our products.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that, on its own, does not allow us to identify or contact a specific individual or account holder. We may use, transfer or disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- When you visit our websites, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as web browser type, Internet protocol address, language, location, time zone, unique device/browser identifier, and URLs requested so that we may better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and content.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
MontyCloud’s websites, products, services, and content use “cookies” and other technologies such as Web Beacons and pixel tags. These technologies are used to deliver our services as well as to help us better understand user behavior.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of data files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may set and access cookies on your computer to monitor usage history and to store your preferences and login information.
Most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer, however, if you choose to eliminate cookies, the functionality of the Service could be significantly impaired and it may not operate properly.
We, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons (or Pixel Tags) to collect certain usage information. Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing website usage and activity.
We use this information to provide, enhance and improve our products, services and content as well as to monitor and analyze its usage by our user base. Web beacons may also be used for the technical administration of our services, to better tailor our websites to user needs, to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and usage behavior of our users, and to verify that our users meet the criteria required to access the services.
Pixel tags are also used to enable us to send email messages in a format a customer can read. They also tell us whether email has been opened. We may use this information to reduce, tailor, or eliminate messages sent to our user base.
In some of our email messages we use a “click-through URL” linked to web pages on our websites. When recipients click on these URLs a separate web server records their click before arriving at the destination. We use click-through data to help us determine the interest in particular content or topics. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way you should not click on textual or graphic links contained in our emails.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to administer our websites, to learn about user behavior.
Users Based In The European Economic Area
If you access our Websites from the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, being Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) in relation to the handling of your Personal Data (as defined in Article 4 of the GDPR).
In providing our services to you, we may monitor your activity on the Websites using automated processes, including for the purposes of counting usage of our Websites and creating audience profiles. We do this to provide you with more tailored and relevant services, including to show you more relevant properties.
- request access to Personal Data that we hold about you;
- request a copy of Personal Data that that you have provided to us, in a structured electronic format;
- request that we update any inaccurate Personal Data that we hold about you;
- request that we restrict the processing of Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- request that we delete any Personal Data that we hold about you, subject to any legal obligations we have to retain your Personal Data; and
withdraw your consent to the processing of the Personal Data that we hold about you. Once you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your Personal Data for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we are required to do so by law. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of Personal Data based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Where your Personal Data is transferred outside of the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for Personal Data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your Personal Data – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to US-based third parties).
For further information or to exercise any of your rights as an EEA data subject under the GDPR, please contact privacy@MontyCloud.com
Disclosure to Third Parties
Personal Information will only be shared by MontyCloud to provide or improve our products, services, and content. It will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes without your permission. If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties other than our agents, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
We may use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting, payment processing and operating a particular feature or functionality incorporated into our products, services, and content. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of personal information and prohibit them from using it for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing to us. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
It may be necessary to share or disclose your personal information when we reasonably determine that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To enforce our rights against you or in connection with a breach by you of our Terms of Service;
- To prevent any activity we consider to be prohibited or illegal or damaging to our Service or other users;
- When required by any applicable law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within and outside your country of residence.
In addition, your personal information may be transferred to a third party as a result of an asset sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control or if we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business. Part of the sale may include your Personal Information.
We may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Access to Personal Information
We do our best to keep your personal information up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information needed to do that. You can review, update, and correct the personal information you provide us by logging into your account
(https://app.montycloud.com ). For other personal information we possess, we will provide you with access for purposes of correcting or deleting the data if law or other legitimate business purposes do not require us to retain it.
We may choose to decline an access request if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, is extreme in its practicality, or for which access is not required by local law. You may make access, correction, or deletion requests by contacting us at support@MontyCloud.com
We only store data about you for as long as it’s reasonably required to fulfil the purposes under which it was first provided by you unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Protection of Personal Information
We take precautions — including technical, administrative and physical measures — to safeguard your information. We use a combination of firewall barriers, data encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect your personal information and our systems from unauthorized access. We also enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files.
Your personal information is stored and located on a secured server behind a firewall. We only authorize access to personal information for those employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to deliver, operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Certain personal information, such as your cloud account credentials, is also stored and located on a secured server behind a firewall where we use PGP encryption to secure that data both in storage and when in transit. Only our executive officers have the ability to access unencrypted versions of your cloud account credentials.
Third Party Sites and Services
Our websites and content may contain links to other websites. As such, MontyCloud does not endorse and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Your Information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
The Service is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you, as a parent or guardian, become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.
Updating and Modifications